Worship Words provides free worship material which is:
- Inclusive: avoiding gender-exclusive language and imagery for people and God, and other forms of exclusive language.
- Thoughtful: attending to word-craft, selecting each word and phrase with purpose. Avoiding cliché and unreflective usage of familiar phrases.
- Progressive: respecting the breadth and depth of religious experience within Christianity and across other religious traditions and spiritual expressions; avoiding upholding Christian ideas and concepts as “The Only Way.” Relevant words from other religions which benefit and enhance the faith journey and expression of Christians are included.
- Relevant: Lectionary- or theme-based or responding to current events
- Faithful: presenting an authentic representation of the author’s faith
- Accessible: written in clear and comprehensible language; easy to copy and print for immediate use